Specials
This Month
Search keywords:
   Any of the words
   All of the words
   The exact phrase
   Case sensitive

NeuroGenesis

Dedicated to providing Natural Alternatives since 1984

Proven practices, patented technologies, caring staff all focused to assist in your success.
   
Join Our Email List
   
Subscribe



Predisposition To Alcoholism or ADHD

The portions of the brain that largely is responsible for the personality characteristics of an individual are called the Hypothalamus and the Hippocampus. There are six subsystems within this area that are significantly in charge. One of them is called the opioid subsystem. It is named after the chemical it uses to communicate with other parts of the brain, the opioid neuro-transmitters. Shortages of these chemicals can result in the symptoms usually associated with ADHD. The person with this/these disorder/s may discover that strenuous physical or mental activity helps. If the disorder is pronounced, high activity may not be enough. The person may then turn to alcohol to self medicate. Certain by-products produced in the body from the break down of alcohol decreases the brains ability to manufacture the needed opioid neuro-transmitters.

It is important to note that 80% of the time, a shortage of opioids has a genetic cause. The other 20% of the time is due to environmental stressors.

Check the boxes that apply to you and click the button at the bottom for your score. The following questions will yield a probability as to opioid neuro-transmitter shortage:

Select Points Question
3 Do you have any alcoholics in your ancestry, e.g. father, mother, aunt, uncle, grandparents, or great grandparents?
3 Are you occasionally accused of being too quick to become angry?
3 Do you enjoy doing dangerous activities such a mountain climbing, auto racing, stunt flying, etc.?
2 Do you occasionally feel depressed even when there is little about which to worry?
1 Do you find that you greatly enjoy always being the life of the party?
1 Is it important to you that the things you do, or that others do in association with you, be done properly?
1 If you see someone make a tactile error more than once, e.g. trying to get a key in a lock, do you insist on helping them even before they ask for help?
3 If you drink one alcoholic drink, beer, or glass of wine, do you usually drink several more?
5 If you drink one alcoholic drink, beer, or glass of wine, do you usually drink far too much?
5 Have you ever had a black out from drinking just 3 or 4 drinks
3 Do you ever want to take pain pills longer than the doctor wants you to?
5 Do you ever go to extremes to take non-prescribed pain pills?
Your score
   

Please remember that no one but you will ever know your score on this test. It is for your information alone and if you dont answer honestly, you keep yourself from knowing something important. It is something that might keep you from making very big mistakes in the future.

SCORING:

If you have a score of five to nine, you have a high probability of having opioid neuro-transmitter manufacturing cells that have less than average efficiency. You need to increase their "raw material availability", that is you need nutritional assistance.

If you have a score of 10 or more, or if you have said yes to any of the questions with 5 points, you have a significant possibility of being ADHD or of having become dependent upon alcohol or depressant drugs such as the opiates.






                Note: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
                The products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate, or prevent disease.

Site Map   |   FAQ   |   Contact Us

©Copyright, 1984-2003 -- Metro Marketing, Inc; 2263 Belle Vista Court; Marietta, GA 30062
Design and hosting by Web Hosting Professionals